Herb and Garlic Burgers
- 1/2 cup All-Bran Original* cereal
- 1 pound Lean Beef, fresh ground (lamb or turkey work great as a substitute)
- 1 Egg
- 1 Shallot (or small onion) finely minced or grated
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Clove of garlic, finely minced or grated
- 1 cup Black olives, finely chopped
- 1 cup (packed) Chopped, mixed fresh herb leaves - basil, mint, coriander, parsley
- 1 tbsp Ground cumin
- 1 tsp. Ground cinnamon
- n/a Season with salt and freshly ground pepper just before cooking
- 2 pieces of each vegetable - Purple, white, yellow and red carrots
- n/a Variety of different colured radishes
- n/a Variety of baby lettuce leaves and herbs
- n/a Sea salt and pepper to taste
- n/a Extra virgin olive oil
The Ultimate Burger:
1. In a bowl, whisk the All-Bran* cereal "flour" and egg with the mustard to make a paste.
2. Add the grated shallot, garlic, olives, herbs and spices.
3. When your flavouring components are combined, work the ground meat into the mixture until well incorporated.
4. Form into patties, (I like an 8oz. patty, about an inch thick) place them onto a tray lined with parchment paper and allow to sit for a couple of hours in the refrigerator. Ideally, prepare them the day before.
5. To cook, season with salt and pan fry or grill for about 4 minutes on each side. The internal temperature should reach 160°F or 71°C.
Note: I like to serve this flavour packed burger with saffron garlic aioli, heirloom tomatoes, pickles and organic vegetable crudités.
Farmers Market Crudités Salad:
1. Wash the vegetables under cold running water.
2. Using a vegetable peeler, peel long strips of the vegetables and store them in ice water.
3. When ready to serve, remove the shaved vegetables from the water and pat dry on paper towel. Toss the vegetables with some olive oil, your favourite fresh herbs and season with sea salt and pepper.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.