Garlicky Shrimp Linguine
- 250 g or 1/2 lb linguine
- 75 ml or 1/3 cup olive oil
- 454 g or 1 lb large peeled shrimp
- 250 ml or 1 cup onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 250 ml or 1 cup red peppers
- 250 ml or 1 cup All-Bran Buds* cereal
- 1 ml or 1/4 tsp each, salt and pepper
- 125 ml or 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 50 ml or 1/4 cup chopped parsley
1. Cook linguine in a large pot of boiling salted water according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
2. Heat 15 ml (1 tbsp) of the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook shrimp until opaque. Set aside. Add 15 ml (1 tbsp) of the oil to the same skillet. Add onion, cooking until softened and golden, about 7 minutes. Add garlic and cook one minute. Add red peppers and crushed cereal; cooking until crumbs are crisp; season with salt and pepper and remove from heat.
3. In skillet, toss drained pasta with remaining oil, shrimp, bran crumb mixture, parsley and half of the cheese. Top with remaining cheese and serve immediately.
Variation: Substitute 500 ml (2 cups) of chopped chicken for the shrimp.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.