- 125 ml or 1/2 cup All-Bran Original* cereal
- 50 ml or 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 egg yolk (white used for topping below)
- 175 ml or 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 30 ml or 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 5 ml or 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 ml or 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 ml or 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 30 ml or 2 tbsp shortening
- 1 egg white
- 15 ml or 1 tbsp water
- 50 ml or 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 5 ml or 1 tsp ground cinnamon
1. In medium bowl, mix together cereal, milk and egg yolk. Let stand for 5 minutes or until cereal is softened.
2. In large mixing bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Using pastry blender, cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
3. Add cereal mixture, stirring only until combined. Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface and knead gently about 5 times. Roll into 35 x 18 cm (14 x 7-inch) rectangle. In small bowl, beat together egg white and water; brush over dough. In small bowl, mix together sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle half over dough.
4. Cut dough into 14 strips, 2.5 x 18 cm (1 x 7 inches) long. Fold each strip in half lengthwise and twist. Brush again with egg white mixture and sprinkle with remaining sugar and cinnamon mixture. Place on baking sheet coated with non-stick cooking spray.
5. Bake at 220°C (425°F) for about 10 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.