Blueberry Bran Muffins
- 375 ml or 1 1/2 cup All-Bran Original* cereal
- 375 ml or 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 20 ml or 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 ml or 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 ml or 1/4 tsp salt
- 175 ml or 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 125 ml or 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 eggs
- 50 ml or 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 175 ml or 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 250 ml or 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries (do not thaw)
1. In medium bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, soda and salt. Set aside.
2. In large bowl, stir together cereal, milk and juice. Let stand 5 minutes or until cereal softens. Add eggs, oil and brown sugar; mix well.
3. Add flour mixture, stirring just until combined. Fold in blueberries.
4. Spoon batter into lightly greased or paper-lined muffin pan cups. Bake at 200°C (400°F) for 20 to 22 minutes, or until golden brown and tops of muffins spring back when lightly touches.
TIP: If desired, add 15 mL (1 tbsp) grated orange rind. Add with blueberries.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.